Monday, December 27, 2010

Reflections and Resolutions

Now that we are in the end of 2010 , when my junior asked me "so what are your resolutions for new year? " my thinking process as to what were my reflections and resolutions for this year kick start.

It was very easy to tell my resolutions.. I have only one resolution for years now , "Never do anything that you will have to hide from anybody else ,most importantly you own self! Do Everything that you have passion for , and learn from anything and everything that comes your way",Although this resolution is never altered , my understanding of it has!. When i was thinking of this , as though my smart ipod understood it started playing a Bollywood song from roja "Dil hai chota sa .. choti si aasha! masti bari mann ki.. bholi si aasha! exactly my resolution :) .


Now reflections were a little hard to think of ,rather to put to words .Had i been with the same mind set as that of 09 considering only the success rate , then i suppose i would have claimed that this is one of the worst possible years and cribbed about it for days, But today as i sit and write this blog there are very few things that I regret about rather I would like to put it as , if I am asked to repeat this year there are very few things I would have done differently.

So When i was wondering what changed ? There was a spider trying to climb up the wall in my room and fell , which reminded me of a story i had read in primary , Which goes like this .. " There was a king who was defeated by his enemy and was betrayed by his friends , he after losing all hopes goes and hides in a cave , where he sees a spider which was trying to weave the web and go up. It tries once and failes, it then moves a little up but still fails.. This repeats 17 times and then it succeeds and reaches the top, This incident moved the king and he then vows to get back his throne and fights and finally wins! So yes this was my outlook this year , I might have faltered but have learnt how not to take faltering steps again , although there are certain things beyond my control which i would still brood about , i have learnt to fore go of things i cannot change but accept and move on , wh ile still striving to achieve the best. Probably I started off my year well ,with atlas shrugged and fountain head from ayn rand to now ending it with a book on chanakya , This has helped me to change my outlook towards a lot of things around me for good, Now i don't want to bore any one reading this with free advice but happy to share that I had a great year.

Actually in a recent trip there was scene which moved me, there was an elephant that was chained sadly looking(appeared to me) at some tiny chirpy bird gaily, freely sitting on a rock.. This reminded me of the smile of a tribal girl living on limited means. It is up to the interpretation of a reader to understand what my point is in here and why it appeared in my reflections.

All excited to embrace a new decade with 2011 :) . Happy new year !

1 comment:

  1. Freedom. Ah, most cherished ideal! I just remember Jefferson's word- "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

    BTW, thanks for Spider reminder.


    Neo

    ReplyDelete

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs