Friday, February 25, 2011

Sapno se bhare naina...

Dedicating today to dreams..
The very first song that i heard today was chanda re from sapnay...One of my all time favorites.
so in the dreamy mood of having played that song in a loop for over 20 times as i was trying to arrange my book shelf , stumbled at this book called "ಕನ್ನಡ ಮನಸು " (kannada manasu).
This is the book from my engineering days , when kannada was made a mandatory subject in 1st semester, so as i scanned through the book i found chit , I was curious , It was an essay(in kannada of course) written by me and corrected by my teacher.Although it was written 7 years earlier and i think i could have improved the language , I was happy to see that i still had the essence then and wanted to share it on my blog.
I apologize to non-kannada readers as i dont intend to translate the essay as i dont think i can do justice to it in english.

I would like to add this dialogue between Rapunzel and Eugene in Tangled movie about dreams.Truly inspiring.
Rapunzel: I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be?
Flynn Rider: It will be.
Rapunzel: And what if it is? What do I do then?
Flynn Rider: Well,that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream.


7 comments:

  1. You are blessed with such good hand writing. Looks like printed material

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rohith Thanks ... pustaka hegide andre bind bindaas andrante :P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyway you have reached your dreams. You are working in a big company. You are now laptop fliging, fully networked corporate gal :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ya ? who told you so ? or is it another assumption of yours... anyways.. read the quote from tangled i have added in my post ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dreams, sometimes I feel, are like children. They'll be part of you. You give birth to them. In the beginning, they're very weak, very fragile, and they need to be nurtured very carefully. They're susceptible to early ending. But once they begin to grow, they consume your time and energy, and then they become a reality. May be, even after you're gone, which was once a part of you, will be there as a testimony of what you were. Just like a child carries its parent's genes.

    I remember following lines (from Edwin Markham)-

    For all your days prepare,
    And meet them ever alike:
    When you are the anvil, bear-
    When you are the hammer, strike.


    Best Wishes
    Mahesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mythri:

    I stumbled upon your blog and I liked this post of yours. Very well written essay in Kannada. I am also from Bangalore and I would like to follow your blog posts as I see it has lot of good posts in them.

    Ninna baravanige bahala sogasaagide. Ninna abhyantaravillade hodalli naanu ninna posts mele comment maadalu bayasuttene.

    I also would like to know more about the people I follow. Hopefully I can do that over the course of time. Let more favorable chances come your way.

    - Shashikiran

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mahesh Nice thought...
    @shashikiran Thanks for following my blog and ofcourse I wouldn't mind anyone commenting on my blog..

    ReplyDelete

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs