Sunday, September 22, 2013

Come Explore India with me

I am always fond of expeditions and exploring new places. Maybe it is genetic. When I the reached place it looked very familiar as though I had lived there all along, yet unexplored. Meanwhile an aged person looking similar to myself drove towards me and asked me if I would go on a safari to explore the place.As the woman looked trustworthy I readily agreed.

Even before I thought I  had settled in my vehicle, the lady in car gave a full acceleration and in 6s we were levitating towards Himalayas,  But the place didn't look that it belonged to time, I saw someone writing a script, and when we approached him he told that he was Manu, writing a script on Dharmashatra called Manusmriti, which was supposed to a be guiding book on Dharmashastra for yuga's to come although it needed modifications based on time. oh wow it was 200BCE then.That is when I realized we were time traveling,Oh god! so quantum physics with alternate universe is a reality!! I thought. When he got busy we moved on.
Manali Copyright Mythri P K
We then landed in the place which was once known as the holiest of the place, which was also the place where one of the deadliest battle between the cousins had  taken place, The Mahabharatha(~3500BC). I saw krishna from afar. After all the principles of krishna whom I adore is not a fictional character. I remembered The search for historical krishna by NS Rajaram.

kurukshetra copyright of famecity
When I was still lost in the thoughts I had reached Badami, Place of rock-cut temples where there is a story that agastya had killed vatapi, Just then I met a statesman and scholar taking ablutions in the  water, I just walked to him and asked who he was, he said he was Agastya. Finally I thought that I  could get the facts cleared about the myth and asked him , Is it true you killed vatapi ?? He smiled and told that with time facts  become a story and then a myth, I did not understand, he said if you want a plain answer yes I killed vatapi but it was in battle of wits and politics and moved away.

And then as we drove we reached Hampi, it was magnificent, Beautifully carved idols and temple builty by people trained in the sculpture schools in Aihole. As we moved on we saw they were selling gemstones and gold in kilos in the market around! It was the era of krishnadevaraya. When i was just awed and tried to get some for myself, I saw that people were leaving their wares and running haywire. I wanted to stop someone and ask why were they running but then I saw few folks with sword coming on horse.This was yet another moghul invasion, In front of my eyes I saw them destroying those statues and looting gold, Finally the empire which had stood strong on many invasion was giving away, I wanted to stop but couldn' t I felt helpless.
Hampi Narasimha Copyright of this blog
Least did i know that my next destination is going to be more painful. It was none other than the beautiful Andaman Islands, The rich blue green sea, coral reefs , I was mesmerized, I saw someone swimming, he looked very determined, As he walked towards me, he told that he was veer savarkar, He was trying to escape from kalapani, A deadly place where Indian Freedom fighters were put to solitary confinement by the British east India company. He told me heart wrenching stories about Indian Independence, I thanked god that we were a free nation now.



With my thoughts still running, I felt someone nudging me, When i turned to see who it was, I just opened my eyes and my mother was calling out saying that I was late to office :-).  So much for my journey I thought.They were all the places that I had explored some point in time, but this  new exploration with my  mind stitching history and my trips was something an experience I really enjoyed, albeit for free. I woke up refreshed, There was a sense of pride to have born in a Nation with such great diversity and history that we often forget. I made one resolution that I want to leave this world a little better than what I was left, all thanks to the courage, intellect, sacrifice of so many other people in the past.What about you ??

This blog is written for Indiblogger I'm the explorer  contest.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I had goosebumps reading this one! Very creative! Time-travelling and meeting all these greats - Manu! Lord Krishna! Agastya!

    This post has now got me all thinking about who all I'd like to meet if I were to go back in time...! :)
    Thanks for sharing this beautiful write-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ragini!
      I am sure your write-up when you meet all the people back in time would be nice too :-)
      I Your post on shangri la was interesting :-)

      Delete

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs